We’ve all heard of weird laws in other countries but supposedly here in Australia we have some strange ones of our own…or do we? We’ve decided to make a list of some of the weirdest Aussie laws you’ve probably never heard of! Are these laws even real? Who knows! They’re certainly very peculiar!
- In Queensland, taxi cabs are required to carry a hay bale in the trunk
- It’s illegal to wear hot pink hot pants on a Sunday after midday
- In Western Australia, it’s an offence to possess 50 kgs of potatoes
- Bars are legally required to water, stable and feed patrons’ horses
- The 1966 Summary Offences Act makes it illegal to be heard singing an offensive song
- Apparently, it’s illegal to be drunk in a pub!
- It’s illegal to dress up as Batman and Robin
- In order to swim at Brighton Beach in Melbourne you must wear a neck to knee swimsuit. Gorgeous!
- You’re breaking the law if you wander around Australia with black shoe polish on your face, felt shoes and black clothes because these are the tools of a cat burglar!
- It’s illegal to give psychic and tarot readings as these are forms of witchcraft!?
- If you cannot get to a urinal in time, it’s perfectly legal to urinate on your vehicle’s rear left tyre!
- Be careful if you enjoy cleaning and live in Melbourne! It’s illegal to use your vacuum between 10pm and 9am at weekends and 10pm and 7am during the week.
- Kids are not allowed to buy cigarettes of course. However, there is no law that specifically states that they’re unable to smoke them!
So, there you have it. Have you ever heard of laws that are so crazy? Be sure to let us know if you know of any other weird laws that you just can’t get your head around!
At Eagle Wools we are all about having a bit of harmless fun. This information has been sourced online and we can’t verify the accuracy of any of it so don’t go referencing us on your school essays.