When it comes to choosing the right car seat covers, nowadays there are so many different options on the market. You only have to go online or in-store to check out any car accessory shop to see the vast number of available options.
There are so many questions to find answers to such as are all car seat covers going to actually be compatible with your vehicle. As you might have guessed, the answer is no. Say, for example, your car has side airbags in the front passenger and driver seats. Not all covers on the market will be compatible. So, if you choose the wrong seat covers, the airbag won’t be able to inflate if there is a crash.
Car Seat Covers That Are Compatible with Side Airbags
Currently, there are two styles of seat covers that work with side airbags. These are:
- Seat covers that feature an open area on the airbag side of the seat
- Seat covers that feature stitching that bursts open in the event of the airbag deploying
It’s crucial to ensure that this type of seat cover is fitted properly allowing enough room for the airbag to deploy if and when needed.
Things to Remember Before Purchasing Car Seat Covers
Before you purchase seat covers for your car, it’s best practice to check the following:
- Ensure any seat covers are compatible with your vehicle model, make and seat type. If you’re in any doubt at all, ask staff for help and advice.
- Check to see if your car has side airbags. (You can always look up your user manual or the tags on the side of the seats).
- Ask whether your chosen seat covers have been safety tested. If you’re not happy with the answer you’re given, don’t buy them.
- Make sure you’re happy with the car seat material. Sheepskin is always a good choice because it keeps you warm in winter and cool in the summer months.
Finding the right seat covers for your car can take time and thought so always ask the retailer for advice if you’re unclear about any aspect of this at all.
Fitting Your New Car Seat Covers
So, now you’ve found the right seat covers for your vehicle, what do you need to know before you fit them?
- Never skip reading the seat cover fitting instructions. They’re there for a reason.
- Always ensure you’re putting the right covers on the right seat!
- Remember to attach all ties and straps under the seats
The Aussie climate is one of extremes, particularly in the hot weather. Eagle Wools will create your custom seat covers that will look great for years, protect your car seats and that offer the highest levels of comfort for you and your passengers. Custom made sheepskin car seat covers add so much comfort to a journey because they’re incredibly supportive. Even if you’re driving long distances, sheepskin custom covers ensure you’re comfortable hour after hour.
Contact us today for a car seat quote!